The statue of Bartolomeo Colleoni is located in the city centre, on Lotników Square. It can be reached from Jagiellońska, Mazurska, Kaszubska, and Małopolska Street, and from Jan Paweł II Alley on the side of Grunwaldzki Square. For non-motorized tourists, the best way to reach the location is to take trams no. 3, 8, or 10 and going to Żołnierza Polskiego Square.
The statue represents a famous Venetian condotierre (a leader of mercenary units, who formed troops at his own expense). It is one of the most impressive replicas of the most famous Renaissance works. The original statue was made by Andrea del Verrocchio. The replica was created for the need of the Municipal Museum in Szczecin in 1913. The monument was given to Warsaw as a part of support for the destroyed capital city. There, it was placed at the Academy of Fine Arts’ yard. The statue has not returned to Szczecin until 2002. In 2009, it was renovated – a weapon held in the right hand was restored.