Hans Hartig’s Monument is located on the market square in Nowe Warpno next to the town hall near the entrance to the Sailors’ Boulevard, next to the Complex of Schools, approx. 43 km north-west from the centre of Szczecin. Province road no. 114 goes through the town and several dozen metres from there a van of a private carrier Ever-Trans stops. The following trails go through the town and its surrounding: a red cycle trail “Wkrzańska Primeval Forest”, and a green International Cycle Trail around Szczecin Bay R-66.
The monument on the market square in Nowe Warpno memorizes Hans Hartig, a famous German landscape painter and graphic who in 1927 received an award “Honorary Citizen of Nowe Warpno”. Hartig significantly contributed to the popularization of Nowe Warpno in Germany. On his paintings he captures the town and its surroundings, promoting it and encouraging people to visit. The monument presents a figure of the painter facing the town hall. In his left hand he has a palette with paint and a brush in his right hand. There is an easel with a painting of the town hall in front of the artist. Right next to it there is a chair with a box of paints placed on it. The monument was created by Bohdan Ronin-Walknowski and it was revealed in 2013.