The museum has its seat in the old Holy Spirit Chapel, which is located in the north-western part of the Old Town, within the old city walls, near the national road No. 26.
Since 1979 the Museum has been located in the old Holy Spirit Chapel. It organises exhibitions, publishes, and deals with matters connected with education and school system. These days, there are four exhibitions in the museum: “Myślibórz in the early Middle Ages”, “ From the history of Myślibórz”, “History and ethnography”, and Gallery „M” with modern art. The numerous items in the collection include e.g.: objects from the Early Medieval times which were excavated during archaeological works, pottery made in pottery workshops, Renaissance, tiled stoves, the 15th-century crucifix from Kapliczka Jerozolimska [Jerusalem Chapel], farming and household tools, and documents from the period between 1945 and 1950.
Ośrodek Edukacji Plastycznej [The Art Education Centre], located in Saint Gertrude Chapel, is also connected with the Museum of Myślibórz Lake District.