The Pomeranian Book Collection is located at Podgórna Street, approx. 1 km from the railway station. Drivers can park their vehicles in the immediate vicinity of the library (a paid zone). A tram No. 3 stops near Tobrucki Square. It is close to the Book Collection from Wyszyńskiego Street, which is one of the main communication routes of Szczecin.
The Book Collection was established in 1905. It owes its development to Dr. Erwin Ackernecht, who merged collections from all over Western Pomerania by placing them in one building. Over the years, the library was replenished with new collections, so its status was changed from a Public Library to a Book Collection in 1994. The library is divided into several departments. These are the Information Centre, the Main Library, the Interlibrary Library, the Main Reading Room, the Reading Room for the Youth, the Reading Room with Collections on Pomerania, the Special Collections Reading Room, the Music Library, the German Library, and the Economic Reading Room and the Legal Information Centre. The Book Collection hosts numerous exhibitions, lectures and cultural events. The library also publishes its own publications. Free-access computers are available there, and also - numerous places where you can read a book, write papers etc. in peace.