The seat of the Szczecinek Local Tourism Organisation is located at 2 Mickiewicza Street in Szczecinek. Due to the reconstruction works in progress, the office of the Szczecinek Local Tourism Organisation is located at 73 Wyszyńskiego Street in Szczecinek. There is a free car park next to the building.
The Szczecinek Local Tourist Organisation has been operating since 27th July 2007. The association was established under the letter of intent of the representatives of the Town and District of Szczecinek acting as the desire to contribute in the creation of the Szczecinek Local Tourist Organisation. The Town and District provided the premises for the organisation activities. The members of the SzLTO are the founding members and entrepreneurs of the tourism industry in both the private and public sectors.
The objects of the SzLTO activities are:
- creating and promoting the image of the Town and District of Szczecinek as attractive for tourists;
- creating and developing a tourism product around local tourist attractions;
- running the Tourist Information Centre;
- running Private Educational Institution 'Academia Nautica';
- running Water Ski and Wakeboard Lift in Szczecinek;
The SzLTO achieves its objectives, inter alia, by:
- attempting to cooperate with business people of the tourism industry, as well as with local, regional and central authorities;
- organising and supporting tourism;
- co-creating tourism products of Western Pomerania;
- promoting active forms of leisure and recreation;
- teaching different groups divided into the thematic, boating and tourist activities at Academia Nautica;
- raising security in the waters of Lake Trzesiecko, supervising the three guarded municipal beaches;
- renting water equipment;
- organising canoeing trips;
- renting bikes;
- organising youth camps and integration events;
- obtaining funds from the outside for the development of tourism;
- participating in events, seminars, symposia, conferences, training courses;
- organising regional, national, European and international sports events, for example European Championships in Water Ski, Polish Championships in Wakeboard, or cultural-recreational activities such as Project 'Plaża'; ['the Beach' Project]
- undertaking media projects with nationwide TV stations;
The Szczecinek Local Tourist Organisation organises tourism and is a registered tour operator in the Marshal's Office of Szczecin under the number of 5/13.