The Museum of Choszczno Land is situated in the school complex no. 1 in Choszczno. The museum is located at Kluki Lake, next to ‘Wodny Raj’ [Water Paradise] swimming pool.
The Museum of Choszczno Land was founded in 1995. The museum comprises an exhibition room with exhibits associated with local culture. At the beginning, the seat was situated in the elementary school in Krzęcin, but in 1998 it was moved to the school complex no. 1 in Choszczno. The museum’s custodian is the head teacher of the school – Mr. Grzegorz Jacek Brzustowicz, PhD.
The collection of the museum includes a number of archaeological findings. They include exhibits which come from the Neolithic, Bronze and Early Middle Ages, as well as the Early Modern and Contemporary Eras. The collection consists of a few hundred movable heritage objects, e.g. weapons, ceramics, seals, coins and elements of Gothic architecture. In 2000 the museum’s collection was enriched with two epitaphs which date back to 1796. The epitaphs honour Anna Luiza Dilianna von Puttkamer.
In 2006 the size of the collection made it necessary to open another exhibition room.
The activity of the museum is focused on the exhibition and research. As a part of its research activity the museum assembles exhibits and makes them available for research purposes. The museum’s content supervisor is the Regional History Association of the Choszczno Land.
The museum’s seat is situated inside a school building. It is open on school days during the opening time of the school. Visits have to be arranged by phone.