St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Szczecin is located at 1A Zygmunta Starego Street.
The Parish-pastor of St. Nicholas Orthodox Church is protopriest Paweł Stefanowski M.A.
The Orthodox parish in Szczecin was already created prior to Akcja Wisła [Operation Vistula] in the first half of 1946. In 1951, the Wrocław-Szczecin diocese and the parish-priest and the dean became Father Jan Ignatowicz. Within the deanery, two temples were located in residential homes. One of them was the Orthodox church at Bogusława Street (in the parish-priest's flat). It was not until the early 1960s that the parish in Szczecin received a room serving as a church in a separate house at Wawrzyniaka Street (Father Aleksy Baranow was the parish-priest then). St. Nicholas Orthodox Church is housed there until today.
Orthodox Church services are held on a high floor. There is a Pentecostal parish downstairs. In the house at Wawrzyniaka Street, the Orthodox parish has also a kind of a religious education room.
Polish Orthodox Church is one of the independent canonical Orthodox Churches. All Orthodox parishes in Poland are under its jurisdiction. Present church diptych collects 15 churches independent of any foreign power and three churches partially dependent.