The St Peter and St Paul the Apostles church in Lekowo is located in the very centre of the village, at the junction of main roads. Lekowo lies about 9 km to the north-west of Świdwin.
The St Peter and St Paul the Apostles church in Lekowo is a parish church erected in 1751 in half-timbered structure filled with bricks. The building was built on a rectangular plan, on stone foundations. It is an oriented hall church with a presbytery finished three-sidedly. The church has a pitched roof covered with plane tiles in a crown formation. The church windows are rectangular. Over the roof of the church, there is a quadrangular half-timbered tower topped with a cupola with a roof lantern. There is a belfry with two steel bells in the church tower. In the mid-1970s, the outer walls of the church were lined with ceramic brick from the inside. In the 1980s, a sacristy was added. The cubature of the church is about 750 m3, and its usable floor space amounts to about 105 m2. Inside the church, there is a wooden internal gallery supported with wooden pillars. On the gallery, a tripartite neo-baroque-classicist pipe organ casing is located. The preserved elements of the furnishings of the church include a late Gothic triptych coming most likely from 1500, located near the south-eastern wall of the three-sided end of the presbytery, a wooden, hexagonal, baroque baptismal font from the mid-17th century, and a brazen chandelier from the 19th century. The church is surrounded by a low stone wall. The churchyard is covered with grass; there are imposing ashes growing there. Near the church, there is a contemporary mission cross and a Marian cave. The church is not adjusted to the needs of the disabled, for it can be accessed by steps only.
Masses’ schedule: Sun: 11 am; working days: 6 pm (winter 5 pm).